This FAQ is for informational purpose only. It is not an agreement between the User and GTIO, Tata SONS Private Ltd. For definitions CLICK HERE.
1(a). What is the Tata InnoVerse program?
Please refer Definitions.
1(b). What is the role of GTIO and other parties in relation to Tata InnoVerse?
Tata InnoVerse has following stakeholders: The Tata companies[“Seekers”] which get their Challenges published, the entities/individuals/teams [“Solvers”] who offer solutions [“Proposed Solutions”] to such challenges and GTIO which acts as the facilitator.
GTIO performs the following roles:
2. Who can submit solutions to challenges?
Tata InnoVerse is open for entities, individuals, teams, academicians, scientists, start-ups, companies, research centres and universities to submit their proposed solutions. Please note the following:
3. What can be the size of the team that submits a solution?
Any number of people may collaborate and propose a solution. It also depends upon who are the owners of the patent/pending patent. Please note that the submission can be made only by a registered user who can add team names in the solution submission form.
4. What does GTIO do with personal information that I provide during my website registration?
GTIO uses this information only to communicate with you.
5. At what stage of development should my proposed solution be?
We invite solutions that already have at least a functioning prototype and are ready for commercial use or solutions that have already been developed and being commercialised or those that are already in the market/in use. We discourage participants from submitting ideas or concepts that are in a very early stage of conception or “Proof of Concept” and/or which require substantial resources (time/investments) for development. Every proposed solution should fulfil the requirements (SAC) outlined in the Challenge.
6. What kind of information does GTIO need to decide if it is interested in my solution?
We need a clear, concise description that explains the proposed solution, the unique features and benefits it offers as compared to existing solutions, its ability to address all aspects of challenge and the status of your intellectual property. Technical illustrations and pictures may also be shared using link of these files in the solution submission form.
7. Will GTIO sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement [NDA] before I share my innovation?
Neither GTIO nor any Seeker or its affiliate will enter into any agreements until the proposed solution is selected for implementation. If we need more details after our initial review of submissions, confidentiality agreement would be signed, if so mutually agreed.
8. What special care should I take when I write/disclose the solution?
The participants are strictly advised NOT to disclose any confidential information.
9. How will GTIO and the Seeker protect the IPR in my solution?
We seek only non-confidential information for evaluation of your proposed solution. You will be solely responsible for protecting the IPR in your solution such as, for example, any patentable features, copyrights in the drawings and designs and any potential industrial design rights for the external aesthetic aspects of a product. If your solution is not protected by law, please be aware that any information you disclose will be deemed as NON-confidential. In such a case, should we be interested in learning more about your solution, you will be contacted by us.
10. What if I do not have a patent or even a pending patent?
This could happen because you have either not applied for a patent or your solution does not qualify for a patent. In such events, either GTIO or the relevant seeker may contact you and discuss options for engagement including terms and conditions.
11. Will you verify or validate my intellectual property rights/status?
We will be entitled to do so but are not obliged to do so. If we decide to validate, you should fully co-operate in completing the process fast.
12. Am I allowed to submit more than one proposal or be a part of more than one solution?
Yes, you can be part of as many proposed solutions as you wish.
13. What happens once I submit my proposal?
Our team will start a multi-stage evaluation of the proposed solution.
14. How will GTIO and the seekers engage with the solvers?
If we find your proposed solution prima facie useful, our team will contact you for a discussion.
15. How do I contact GTIO to get any clarifications?
Please use the “Reach us” link available on the website. All information provided by you during such interactions shall also be deemed non-confidential.
16. How and when will I/we know if my proposed solution has been accepted or rejected?
If your proposed solution is selected for further discussion, we will contact you for further action by email and/or calls. If your proposed solution is not selected, you will be sent an email informing you about it.
17. What are the milestones and conditions for receiving reward money for accepted solutions?
The shortlisted solution will have to first show Proof of Concept (PoC). Once the PoC is approved, the implementation needs to be completed.
The grant of a reward is at the sole and absolute discretion of the seeker and will be subject to various conditions including the solution meeting the requirements (SAC) of the Challenge, the licensing of the intellectual property rights contained in the proposed solution to the Seeker and the execution of agreements and other documentation.
18. What care should I take to ensure that I have the legal ability to assign/ license my Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) to win the Reward?
Reward money is given subject to your ability to license the IPR and a confirmation in writing that the proposed solution is original and is free from potential claims related to intellectual property rights of third parties including your fellow researchers, current or past employers, current or former contractors/principals, collaborators, team members, contributors to your proposed solution, financiers, bankers, other holders of rights or other entities to whom you have proposed or will propose the same solution.
Please ensure that you do not need the permission/consent/ approval/assent of such persons or any third party (including any governmental authority) before proposing a solution.
Before proposing a solution, please ensure that you have NOT already granted exclusive rights to anyone else or incurred obligations that could prevent you from complying with the aforesaid requirements.
19. Am I free to propose the same solution to others? What if I have already done so?
We do not restrict your right to do so but you will qualify for the reward only if you fulfil all conditions including that of licensing the IPR related to your proposed solution to the Seeker.
20. What if the same solution is proposed by others [partly or otherwise]?
The choice among similar or overlapping solutions is entirely at the discretion of the Seeker.
21. I have a new technology, but it is not relevant to any of your Challenges. What do I do?
Currently, we do NOT invite open ended ideas or solutions. However, if you are a start-up, please visit Start-O-Sphere page on Tata InnoVerse. All information provided by you during such interactions shall also be deemed to be non-confidential.
22. My suggestion is not about Science, engineering or technology, are you still interested?
Right now, our focus is on Science, engineering or technology solutions.